Call today for best pricing: (866) 451-2257
Fire Sentry FS20X™ Multi-Spectrum UV/Dual IR/VIS Fire and Flame Detector
The Fire Sentry FS20X™ is the latest generation high technology Multi-Spectrum (UV/Dual IR/VIS) Fire and Flame Detector, which is part of the FSX family of advanced technology Electro-Optical Flame detectors.
Based on the foundation of the highly successful and reliable Fire Sentry SS4 detector, the Fire Sentry FS20X™ detector represents a quantum leap in integrating Infrared and Ultraviolet sensing technologies. The Fire Sentry FS20X™ is a Multi-Spectrum and UV/Dual IR/VIS fire and flame detector with a proven UV solar-blind sensor.
The Fire Sentry FS20X™ exhibits faster false-alarm free response to fires over a wider temperature range and with a much longer detection range compared to conventional UV/IR detectors.
Conventional and older technology UV/IR detectors, using narrow band 4.3 micron IR sensors, will not respond to smoky fires or if the detector lens is contaminated with oil and other substances since both UV and 4.3 micron signals are attenuated, obscured or absorbed by thick smoke or detector lens contaminations. Also, these old technology UV/IR detectors will not alarm to any fire if they are installed behind ordinary window glass.
The Fire Sentry FS20X™ detector, using advanced patented algorithms for signal processing and fire and flame analysis, is designed to alarm to all types of fires in all industrial environmental conditions. If the detector’s UV signal is degraded due to heavy smoke or a contaminated lens, the Fire Sentry FS20X™’s patented* WideBand IR™, Near Band IR and Visible sensors will still alarm to fire, albeit at a reduced sensitivity and slower response time.
Dual microprocessors provide a high level of fail-safe operation combined with fast and reliable performance. The master microprocessor performs high-speed digital sampling and signal processing calculations whilst the slave microprocessor handles various sensor data, performs communications, self-diagnostics and provides interface versatility and additional memory for storing event log and FirePic™ data.
The Fire Sentry FS20X™ detector has a detection range in excess of 60 m (200 feet) (very high sensitivity setting) for the detection of a 0.093 m2 (one square-foot) Heptane reference fire and has a cone of vision greater in volumetric coverage than most UV/IR detectors. This means fewer detectors can be used as compared to other manufacturers’ detectors.
• Patented* WideBand IR™ Infrared combined with Ultraviolet
• Detection range greater than 60 m (200 feet) to 0.1 m2 (1 sq. ft.)
• Patented* Electronic Frequency Analysis
• Visible sensor for optimum false alarm rejection
• Selectable detection sensitivities
• Solar blind 90° full 100% cone-of-vision
• Dual microprocessors for reliable performance
• Real-time clock for accurate time dating of events
• FirePic™ - Up to 6 pre-fire event data storage
• Event log - Up to 200 events with date and time stamp
• Built-in RS-485 ModBus communication
• Built-in non-isolated 4-20 mA analog output (sink or source)
• Alarm, Fault and Fire Verification relays
• Automatic Optical Path and Electronic self-test
• Wide operating temperature range
• Patented* Electronics Module for component protection with
plug-in terminations for easy field installation
• Two 25 mm conduit entries or two ¾” NPT
• Low power consumption
• High RFI and EMI immunity
• FM approved
• Ex d ATEX approved
• Detects hydrocarbon and non-hydrocarbon fuel fires in all
• Arc welding immunity
• False alarm rejection for environmental conditions
• Minimal maintenance for trouble-free operation
• PC software and interface module (FSIM) for fault diagnostics real-time
graphs (RTGs), and downloading of FirePics™ and event log
• Suitable for a wide variety of applications
• Refineries and oil production facilities
• Off-Shore platforms
• Turbine/Compressor enclosures
• Acetylene processing and storage
• Oil and Gas pipelines and pumping stations
• LNG/LPG loading and unloading facilities
• Natural Gas and CNG plants
• Ethanol, Methanol, and IPA production and storage
• Crude oil and gasoline storage and tank farms
• Aircraft hangars
• Hydrogen plants and storage
• Paint and solvent storage
• Chemical production, storage, and loading facilities
• Power plants
• Silane gas storage
*Fire Sentry Corporation Patents
3 years from date of shipping.