Honeywell Midas Extractive Gas Detector
Detector with smart sensor cartridge, on-board ‘e-calibration’ certificate and Power over Ethernet (PoE) comms/power platform.
Midas® is a gas monitoring system for fast and reliable response to the presence of virtually all of the gases used or generated in the Semiconductor and other industrial manufacturing applications. Midas® offers lower cost of ownership benefits for gas detection through a combination of extended sensor calibration periods, flexible communications architecture and patented diagnostics that monitor sensor performance and flow control.
Midas® is a universal transmitter platform that detects the majority of toxic, ambient and flammable gases that must be monitored in a typical industrial process environment. The pre-calibrated ‘plug-and-play’ smart sensor cartridge makes sensor replacement quick and easy to manage with no tools required, and prevents any operator error associated with using incorrect or depleted sensors. Bright LED lights and an intuitive, icon driven interactive menu guarantee instant alert to the gas reading or alarm level coupled with password protected menus for configuration, test and calibration.
Midas® is very compact in size and easy access metal chassis design makes it simple to install in crowded, increasingly complex process environments or retro fit applications where space is at a premium. Midas® has flexible power and communications built in as standard including 3 on-board relays, 0-22mA analogue output, Modbus/ TCP Ethernet digital outputs, as well as the innovative Power over Ethernet (PoE) protocol - a single Ethernet connection for all power, control and communication requirements. Cost effective integration with PLC and FieldBus systems is greatly simplified with the Midas® architecture.
Midas® will monitor points up to 30m (100ft) away from the transmitter and flow rates are regulated automatically using patented control technology to ensure error free gas sensing operation. Honeywell Analytics designs and manufactures its own sensors using advanced robotics to ensure unbeatable quality and reliability.
Midas® is complimented by the innovative Chemcassette® range of ultra sensitive low ppb toxic gas detection analysers and our worldwide network of service engineers who operate on a 24 / 7 basis.
• Over 40 gases available with extended 2 year warranty* - View Datasheet for more info on gases
• Smart sensor cartridge with on board ‘e-calibration’ certificate
• 3 built in relays (Form C) for Alarm 1, 2 and Fault
• Power over Ethernet (PoE) communication and power platform
• Keypad Interface and remote Web Browser Interface
• Pyrolyzer and LonWorks® interface optional modules that connect to any
• Password protected menu levels to preserve system integrity
• Bright LEDs and intuitive Icon Driven, large backlit LCD display
• Factory-calibrated sensors to reduce need for frequent gas testing
• Isolated 0-22mA Analog Output with fault and event reporting
• Modbus/TCP Ethernet for easy connectivity to all control and alarm systems
ports for control connectivity and service interaction
• Robust extractive pump system (2 year lifetime) sampling up to 30m
• Interactive Training Simulator tool
• CE marked for total immunity to Radio Frequency Interference
• Reflex® sensor health check for improved safety
• TempraSureTM temperature compensation technology as appropriate
• Event logging to review sensor history
• Patented reporting technology confirms likely gas release to avoid nuisance
(*standard 1 year warranty)
Gases (See drop down menu or Review datasheet for more info):