Honeywell Fire Sentry FS24X
Call or Request a Quote for Discounted Pricing
We know our products!
Product and System Support
Right tool for the job
Free US Shipping
Purchases Over $100
Honeywell Fire Sentry FS24X
Honeywell Fire Sentry FS24X Multi-Spectrum Triple IR Fire and Flame Detector
The Fire Sentry FS24X is the latest generation high technology Multi-Spectrum Triple IR (IR/IR/IR/Visible) Fire and Flame Detector, which is part of our FSX family of advanced technology Electro-Optical fire detectors. Using our patented WideBand IR, WideBand 4.3 micron IR and Visible detection technology, the Fire Sentry FS24X is a quantum leap in flame and fire detection. Sophisticated software algorithms and dual microprocessors ensure that the Fire Sentry FS24X has the highest fire detection performance combined with optimal false alarm rejection.
The WideBand IR Infrared technology using high-speed solid-state Quantum sensors allows detection of all types of fires, Hydrocarbon and non-Hydrocarbon, in all weather conditions. If the detector’s signal is blocked by ordinary window glass, the patented WideBand IR sensors will still alarm to the fire albeit at a reduced sensitivity and slower response time.
Dual microprocessors provide a high level of fail-safe operation combined with fast and reliable performance. The master microprocessor performs high-speed digital sampling and signal-processing calculations, while the slave microprocessor handles various sensor data, performs communications, self-diagnostics and provides interface versatility and additional memory for storing Event Log and FirePic data.
The Fire Sentry FSX family of detectors feature our patented FirePic data storage and information retrieval facility. FirePic records pre-fire data, which can be recovered from the detector’s non-volatile flash memory for post fire analysis and postulation of the fire cause. Additionally, unique Real-Time Graphing (RTG) allows viewing of the data which the detector actually sees. A combination of outputs makes the Fire Sentry FS24X a truly versatile detector for today’s demanding industrial requirements.
The Fire Sentry FS24X detector has a detection range greater than 61m (200 feet) (Very High Sensitivity setting) for the detection of a 0.093m2 (one square-foot) Heptane reference fire and has a cone of vision far greater in volumetric coverage than any other Multi-Spectrum IR detector. This means fewer detectors can be used as compared to other manufacturers’ detectors.
- Patented* WideBand IR technology
- Patented* Electronic Frequency Analysis
- Visible sensor for optimum false alarm rejection
- Selectable detection sensitivities
- Field-of-View: 110° full 100% cone-of-vision (90° full 100% cone-of-vision model also available)
- Dual microprocessors for reliable performance
- Real-time clock for accurate time dating of events
- FirePic — pre-fire event data storage
- Event log with date and time stamp
- RS-485 ModBus communication
- Non-Isolated 4-20 mA Analog output (sink or source)
- Alarm, Fault and Fire Verification relays
- Automatic optical path and electronic self-test
- Wide operating temperature range
- Patented Electronics Module for components protection with easy plug-in terminations and field installation
- Two 25 mm or ¾” NPT conduit entries
- Low power consumption
- High RFI and EMI immunity
- FM, ATEX, CE mark approvals
- Meets SIL 2 requirements
- Refineries and oil production facilities
- Off-shore platforms
- Turbine/Compressor enclosures
- Oil and gas pipelines and pumping stations
- LNG/LPG loading and unloading facilities
- Natural gas and CNG plants
- Ethanol, Methanol, and IPA production and storage
- Crude oil and gasoline storage and tank farms
- Aircraft hangars
- Hydrogen plants and storage
- Paint and solvent storage
- Chemical production, storage, and loading facilities
- Power plants